The Institute of Educational Sciences and the Faculty of Psychology and Education Sciences of the University of Bucharest,
in collaboration with the Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences of “Babes-Bolyai” University of Cluj-Napoca, Faculty of Psychology and Education Sciences of “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University of Iasi and the Faculty of Sociology and Psychology of the West University of Timisoara
CONTEMPORARY TRENDS IN EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH. MODELS AND PRACTICES AT NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL LEVEL
Bucharest, September 20-21, 2018
Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, 90 Panduri Street – Motru Amphitheater
The fifth edition of the National Conference on Research in Education (CERED) took place on September 20-21, 2018 in Bucharest and had the theme CONTEMPORARY TRENDS IN EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH. MODELS AND PRACTICES AT NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL LEVEL.
The National Conference on Research in Education is an annual event that brings together experts, academics and practitioners in the field of educational research; it provides an opportunity for reflection, debate, exchange of views and best practices, a forum for scientific expertise and the dissemination of relevant research results. Every year, this event offers a communication platform for researchers and decision-makers as well as a framework to promote educational policies that rely on evidence-based data.
The organizers of CERED 2018 intended to continue the tradition of the other four editions, as they brought their contribution to understanding the state of the art and to promoting scientific research in the field of educational sciences. The 2018 event aimed to strengthen and develop the research community in Romania and to enhance the visibility of international research activities and products. The event took place under the aegis of the Romanian Association for Research in Education (ARCE, www.arced.ro), a professional scientific association member of the European Educational Research Association (EERA).
Objectives of CERED 2018:
- exchange relevant practices and experiences in national and European education research;
- set up ARCEd as a platform for internationalization and educational expertise to ensure the best visibility of the research results;
- increase the young researchers’ involvement in their professional community by supporting their training and career development.
Discussions of CERED 2018 focused on present concerns of the research in the field. The topics were the following:
- Why are we doing research? What motivates us to contribute to a quality research area in the field of education?
- What is the research object? What is the current thematic range of national and international education research?
- How do we research? Which innovative research models and practices are there highlighted by the national and international research experiences?
- What is the researcher’s profile in education? How do we recognize a researcher in education?
- What are the ethical issues? What are the current challenges in terms of educational research ethics?
- What is the usefulness of the research? Which are the relevant experiences of making good use of and capitalizing on the research within our scientific community? How could these be expanded?
- How do we open up the educational research community to stakeholders?
Participants: Academics, researchers, experts and practitioners interested in the field of educational research participated in the conference. The event provided the initial steps of a platform for communication with policy makers in the educational field as well as business, non-governmental and media representatives.
Where? The opening and main activities took place in the Motru Amphitheatre, at the headquarters of the Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences (90 Panduri Avenue).
Event organized with the support of Euroguidance Romania. Euroguidance Romania is funded through the Erasmus + program.